1.11.2010

My first blog post

This is my first blog. I feel excited but thrilled at the idea of having my own blog. This platform is for sharing and reflecting on my own experiences in using technologies in the language learning context. My own experiences of techonology for language teaching is very narrow and limited. Although the idea of implementing new technologies into language classrooms has long been introduced to teachers in my institution, not many of us have actually used them on a regular basis due to the tight teaching schedule.
Recently, there has been a reform underway in our curriculum developement as a result of the implementation of NSS. Despite the fact that my institution is not a main-stream school, the NSS has brought us new challenges and opportunities in the new curriculum design as we need to maintain our competitive edge and status in the society. One of the major components of our language curriculum design is notional learning within which students are required to engage themselves in a e-learning platform with games, exercises and sound tracks, etc. provided . The provision of e-learning platform aims at enabling learners to learn by themselves anytime, anywhere they like.
Upon the completion of this course, I hope I can know more about some latest technologies that can be used in language learning and teaching so that I can arouse the learning interests of my students by using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment