4.25.2010

Reflection of my blogging experience

At the very beginning, I really disliked the idea of blogging as I doubt how it can be used in my language classroom. However, after using it throughout our course on New Technologies in Language Teaching, I have discovered the effectiveness and usefulness of this tool. First, it allows us to share our thoughts with our students and vice versa. Second, quizzes and exercises like Hot Potatoes could be embedded in my Blog to check my students' understanding after a grammar item or a topic has been taught. Third, useful links and videos can be embedded for sharing and for illustrating students' errors in writing and speaking. Forth, students could share what they have read about on language with their classmates. Fifth, learners who do not like sharing their views in class could also have a space for them to voice what they think and talk about their experiences in language learning. And most importantly, a language community would be developed when more and more learners have become frequent bloggers to the class blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment